The NLP Seminar is taking a break in Fall 2018; we won’t be scheduling speakers this semester. See you in the Spring!
- Fall 2022 Speaker Schedule
- April 29, Ethan Perez, Aligning Language Models with Human Preferences
- May 6, Katie Stasaski, Diversity in Dialogue Generation
- April 8, Divyansh Kaushik, Robustifying NLP with Humans in the Loop
- April 1, Gašper Beguš, Cognitive modeling, neural network interpretability, and GANs
- March 4, Nasrin Mostafazadeh, “How far have we come in giving our NLU systems common sense?”
- Dec 14: Dora Demszky, Using Natural Language Processing to Support Equitable and Student-Centered Education
- Dec 3: Maria Antoniak, Modeling Personal Experiences Shared in Online Communities
- Aug 20: Ashique KhudaBukhsh, Novel Frameworks for Quantifying Political Polarization and Mitigating Hate Speech
- July 14: Clara Meister, Evidence for the uniform information density hypothesis in modern NLP models
- June 22: Yanai Elazar, Causal Attributions in Language Models
- June 4: Sam Bowman, What Will it Take to Fix Benchmarking in Natural Language Understanding?
- Virtual NLP Seminar for Summer 2021
- Mar 12: Su Lin Blodgett, Reconsidering Harms in NLP Systems and Practices
- Nov 13: Naomi Saphra, Learning Dynamics of Language Models